LEADING TEAMS VIRTUALLY
Team environments as well as the conditions impacting them are changing dramatically. Across all kinds of organizations there may be a pivot required monthly or even weekly as to how and where teams will work– remotely, in-person or some combination. It is essential for a leaders to support their team to function effectively and successfully in such a shifting landscape. In this workshop, you will learn about strategies designed to support your leadership in a virtual world. You will be able to assess your team’s functioning, consider leadership practices to support your team and have an opportunity to create a plan to apply these strategies to effectively lead your team.
Join us as we offer a workshop delivered in three parts designed to empower you to lead effectively in virtual settings.
- Foundational – This component will provide a framework for team leaders to use to assess the functioning of their team over time and under changing conditions. We will ground our understanding of leading teams virtually by first understanding the elements of team functioning important for building and sustaining cohesive teams. We will zero in on how a team’s goal focus, working environment, and communication feed and/or drain a team’s mental, physical, and spiritual energies. With this framework and with participant’s insight, we will explore the emerging opportunities and challenges for leading teams in virtual or hybrid settings.
- Strategies – In the Strategies component, we will introduce/review several practices intended to strengthen and apply ways of being that add value to any situation. One of the practices is the “TAMIC” model of being: Transparent, Assured, Mindful, Influential and Calm. Remember, the focus here is for you to develop ways to apply these strategies/practices on an every-day basis.
- Application – The Application component will guide you in selecting specific strategies to implement with your virtual teams.
As a result of this workshop:
- Participants will be able to better assess team functioning in different environments
- Participants will be able to identify drains to effective team functioning, especially those resulting from working virtually
- Participants will become aware of practices that support them in successfully leading teams virtually
- Participants will assess their skills and performance related to successful leadership
- Participants will leave with a plan to implement a minimum of two leading virtual team strategies
Registration Fee: $150
Given the COVID-19 pandemic and current public health safety concerns, this workshop is only being offered via Zoom videoconference at this time. The workshop is limited to 25 participants and is delivered over one four-hour session, including several breaks. This workshop session will NOT be recorded.
- November 17, 2020 | 9:00 – 1:00pm
Registration Fee: $150
This event is sold out.
Please join our waiting list HERE and we will notify you if a spot opens up.
If you have any questions about this workshop or need to make changes to your registration, please use the form below to contact us. This message will be sent directly to a staff member.