LEADING TEAMS VIRTUALLY
Team environments as well as the conditions impacting them are changing dramatically. Across all kinds of organizations there may be a pivot required monthly or even weekly as to how and where teams will work– remotely, in-person or some combination. It is essential for a leaders to support their team to function effectively and successfully in such a shifting landscape. In this workshop, you will learn about strategies designed to support your leadership in a virtual world. You will be able to assess your team’s functioning, consider leadership practices to support your team and have an opportunity to create a plan to apply these strategies to effectively lead your team.
Join us as we offer a workshop delivered in three parts designed to empower you to lead effectively in virtual settings.
- Foundational – This component will provide a framework for team leaders to use to assess the functioning of their team over time and under changing conditions. We will ground our understanding of leading teams virtually by first understanding the elements of team functioning important for building and sustaining cohesive teams. We will zero in on how a team’s goal focus, working environment, and communication feed and/or drain a team’s mental, physical, and spiritual energies. With this framework and with participant’s insight, we will explore the emerging opportunities and challenges for leading teams in virtual or hybrid settings.
- Strategies – In the Strategies component, we will introduce/review several practices intended to strengthen and apply ways of being that add value to any situation. One of the practices is the “TAMIC” model of being: Transparent, Assured, Mindful, Influential and Calm. Remember, the focus here is for you to develop ways to apply these strategies/practices on an every-day basis.
- Application – The Application component will guide you in selecting specific strategies to implement with your virtual teams.
As a result of this workshop:
- Participants will be able to better assess team functioning in different environments
- Participants will be able to identify drains to effective team functioning, especially those resulting from working virtually
- Participants will become aware of practices that support them in successfully leading teams virtually
- Participants will assess their skills and performance related to successful leadership
- Participants will leave with a plan to implement a minimum of two leading virtual team strategies
Given the COVID-19 pandemic and current public health safety concerns, this workshop is only being offered via Zoom videoconference at this time. The workshop is limited to 25 participants and is delivered over one four-hour session, including several breaks. This workshop is highly interactive, including breakout groups and group discussion.
This workshop will not be recorded and participants should be prepared to attend the session in person.
Registration Fee: $150
- Thursday, Febraury 18, 2021 | 9:00 – 1:00pm
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Due to limited seating, we request that you cancel at least three business days before the start of the training. This gives us the opportunity to fill the class.
- 7 business days or more in advance of the training date – the registration will be 100% refunded.
- 24 hours to 6 business days in advance of the training date – no refund will be processed, but the registration may be transferred to another person, to a future date for the same training, or to another RIHEL program of equal or lesser value.
- Less than 24 hours in advance of the training date – no refunds or transfers will be processed.
To request a registration change or cancellation, please submit the details of your request through the contact form at the bottom of this event web page and a staff member will follow up to complete your request
Select your Choice of the Available Workshop Dates Below (click the plus sign to open)
Leading Teams Virtually - Thursday, February 18, 2021
DATE: February 18th (9:00 – 1:00 PM MST) 2021.Click to open Registration Form
If you have any questions about this workshop or need to make changes to your registration, please use the form below to contact us. This message will be sent directly to a staff member. (PLEASE NOTE: submitting this form does NOT complete a registration for this workshop. This is a separate form.)