THE POWER OF A COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE
Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership
Successful leaders understand the importance of intentional leadership. Due to our complex social and political climates, leaders are currently learning rapidly through trial and error. To build on this learning, you are invited to join our Leadership Community of Practice (CoP) where you and other leaders can share your experience and wisdom with one another.
A CoP is a group of people who share a concern, a set of problems, or a passion about a topic, and who deepen their knowledge and expertise (practice) by interacting on an ongoing basis (CDC).
The purpose of this CoP is to explore the application of Kouzes and Posner’s (K & P) five practices of exemplary leadership during this challenging time. RIHEL will provide a forum to briefly review each leadership practice and then facilitate a discussion where you can share your leadership experiences, highlight successes, discuss challenges, and talk about solutions. Each session will focus on one-two of the five practices (Model the Way, Inspire a Shared Vision, Challenge the Process, Enable Others to Act, and Encourage the Heart). This CoP will emphasize solutions and action over the course of three 90-minute sessions.
In this CoP:
- Participants will practice behaviors necessary to apply the five practices
- Participants will share examples of the value of using the five practices
- Participants will become aware of practices that support them in successfully leading teams virtually
- Participants will share examples of the challenges of using the five practices
- Participants will share lessons learned from applying the five practices
You can learn more about the five practices in The Leadership Challenge (6th ed.) by James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner (available online, at many bookstores, and some libraries.)
Given the COVID-19 pandemic and current public health safety concerns, this workshop is only being offered via Zoom videoconference at this time. This CoP will include a minimum of 8 participants with a maximum of 24, and is delivered over three 90-minute sessions. This CoP is highly interactive.
This workshop will not be recorded and participants should be prepared to attend the session in person.
Registration Fee: $125
- Thursdays: May 6, 13 and 20, 2021 | 9:00 – 10:30am
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Due to limited seating, we request that you cancel at least three business days before the start of the first session of the CoP. This gives us the opportunity to fill the class.
- 7 business days or more in advance of the first session date – the registration will be 100% refunded.
- 24 hours to 6 business days in advance of the first session date – no refund will be processed, but the registration may be transferred to another person, to a future date for the same training, or to another RIHEL program of equal or lesser value.
- Less than 24 hours in advance of the first session date – no refunds or transfers will be processed.
To request a registration change or cancellation, please submit the details of your request through the contact form at the bottom of this event web page and a staff member will follow up to complete your request.
Select your choice of the available workshop dates below (click the plus sign to open):
The Power of a Community of Practice - Thursdays: May 6, 13 and 20, 2021
DATES: Thursdays: May 6, 13 and 20, 2021.
TIMES: 9:00 – 10:30am (MT) each day
If you have any questions about this workshop or need to make changes to your registration, please use the form below to contact us. This message will be sent directly to a staff member. (PLEASE NOTE: submitting this form does NOT complete a registration for this workshop. This is a separate form.)