THE EMOTIONALLY EFFECTIVE LEADER
Emotional Intelligence (EI) is proven to be a key indicator of human performance and development. People higher in EI communicate effectively, form strong relationships, and create powerful coping strategies. As for leaders, those with higher EI skills are more likely to demonstrate personal integrity, manage their impulses while still taking risks, be empathetic without losing sight of their own emotional needs, be an effective communicator, easily build rapport and inspire others. EI is a cornerstone of a leader’s ability to build and sustain an engaged, high performing team.
You may have a formal or informal leadership position; you may be a relatively new or a very seasoned leader. The question is, do you want to be a more effective leader? This workshop is for anyone who is interested in developing their leadership capacity. Alternating between group activities and individual reflective exercises, this engaging two-session workshop encourages leaders to focus on their leadership strengths and areas they can develop further.
As a component of this workshop, you will complete a personal EQ-i 2.0 emotional intelligence assessment and receive a personalized EQ-i 2.0 Leadership Report. This report examines your assessment results through the four key dimensions of leadership (Authenticity, Coaching, Insight, and Innovation) and provides a comparison against top leaders as a benchmark. The report also contains insights on the possible implications of the assessment results, and which skills have the highest potential of becoming leadership derailers. Personalized strategies for development are provided for each emotional intelligence skillset, with the goal of supporting your pursuit and attainment of your true leadership potential.
As a result of this workshop you will be able to:
- Describe the role of emotional intelligence in effective leadership
- Describe your emotional intelligence strengths and areas with opportunity for growth
- Identify how aspects of emotional intelligence can lead to derailing behaviors
- Identify ways to maximize your leadership potential
- Apply what you’ve learned in this workshop through your personal EQ-i 2.0 learning plan
Given the COVID-19 pandemic and current public health safety concerns, this workshop is only being offered via Zoom videoconference at this time. The workshop is limited to 24 participants and is delivered over two partial-day sessions. This workshop is highly interactive, including breakout groups and group discussion.
This workshop will not be recorded and participants should be prepared to attend the live session.
- This workshop will be scheduled in early 2022. Please check back for the new dates.
- Regular Registration Rate: $439
Registration fee includes the EQ-i 2.0 assessment and personalized Leadership Report valued at $100.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Due to limited seating, we request that you cancel at least 7 business days before the start of the training. This gives us the opportunity to fill the class.
- 7 business days or more in advance of the training date – the registration will be 100% refunded.
- 48 hours to 6 business days in advance of the training date – no refund will be processed, but the registration may be transferred to another person, to a future date for the same training, or to another RIHEL program of equal or lesser value.
- Less than 48 hours in advance of the training date – no refunds or transfers will be processed.
To request a registration change or cancellation, please submit the details of your request through the contact form at the bottom of this event web page and a staff member will follow up to complete your request
If you have any questions about this workshop or need to make changes to your registration, please use the form below to contact us. This message will be sent directly to a staff member. (PLEASE NOTE: submitting this form does NOT complete a registration for this workshop. This is a separate form.)