COLLABORATION IN ACTION
When your leadership is grounded in the principles of collaboration you are better able to facilitate your team’s efforts to achieve goals. Successful collaborations have leaders who stay open and observant to how their team is functioning and regularly reflect on how best to support a growth mindset. This is designed as a two session refresher workshop for RIHEL Alumni who want to grow their skills to facilitate collaborations. Session 1 (2 hours) lays the groundwork for all participants (regardless of RIHEL class), by reviewing the elements of effective collaboration (inclusion, diversity, willingness to hold personal agendas aside) and team functioning (focus, climate and communication). This session will also review considerations for facilitating effective collaborations and tools available to gain insight to team functioning. The Action Assignment will ask participants to use 1 or more of the tools re-introduced in session 1 (Team Assessment tool, SCARF Assessment, Engagement Strategies) and Session 2 - A week later (60 min) - will provide an opportunity for facilitated reflection and reinforced learning in small and large groups discussions.
As a result of these workshop sessions:
- Participants have a working understanding of the important elements of collaboration and team functioning
- Participants can describe approaches to facilitate effective collaborations
- Participants will gain experience using one or more of the tools: Team Assessment, Individual SCARF Assessment, Strategies for Engagement
- Participants will develop capacity for reflection and integration to support team growth
Registration Fee: $125
Given the COVID-19 pandemic and current public health safety concerns, this workshop is only being offered via Zoom videoconference at this time. The workshop is limited to 25 participants and is delivered over two sessions. Workshops sessions will NOT be recorded.
- NOTE: The December 2020 workshop has been cancelled.
- Future dates TBD
If you have any questions about this workshop or need to make changes to your registration, please use the form below to contact us. This message will be sent directly to a staff member. (PLEASE NOTE: submitting this form does NOT complete a registration for this workshop. This is a separate form.)