Intercultural Communication and Engagement
In this interactive workshop, participants will be introduced to the intercultural development inventory continuum (IDI) model, identify their personal world view on difference, and use the dimensions of diversity tool to practice “communicating for acceptance.” Participants will also examine unconscious biases through the Implicit Association Test (IAT) and consider how confirmation bias and fundamental attribution error can impact their thinking. Throughout this two-day workshop, participants will explore how to talk with others about differences, mistakes, and misconceptions
As a result of these workshop sessions:
- Participants will be confident applying the techniques of communicating for acceptance
- Participants are able to describe the challenge and importance of remaining in conversation when people have differing views
- Participants can describe the impact that unconscious bias could have on decision making and actions
- Participants can identify situation where their unconscious bias could influence their decisions or actions
Registration Fee: $150
Given the COVID-19 pandemic and current public health safety concerns, this workshop is only being offered via Zoom videoconference at this time. The workshop is limited to 25 participants and is delivered over two 2-hour sessions. These workshop sessions will NOT be recorded.
- Tuesdays, December 8 and 15, 2020 | 9:00am – 11:00am (both days)
Select your choice of the available workshop dates below (click the plus sign to open):
Intercultural Communication and Engagement - Tuesdays: December 8 & December 15, 2020
Intercultural Communication and Engagement - TBA 2021
If you have any questions about this workshop or need to make changes to your registration, please use the form below to contact us. This message will be sent directly to a staff member.