ALTP Application Process
Now Accepting Applications ONLY for the Combined ALTP and Leadership for Healthy Community Design Program
Acceptance into the Advanced Leadership Training Program (ALTP) is the result of a competitive process. The ALTP will accept approximately 45 fellows per class year. Only complete applications will be considered and reviewed. Factors that weigh significantly on the final application score include: the quality of the essays, applicant experience and readiness for the program (as demonstrated through their resume or CV), and the letters of recommendation. Fellows will also be selected to achieve a diverse cohort of fellows, representative of many types of organizations and many geographic areas.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are applying to the combined ALTP and Leadership for Healthy Community Design Program (LHCD), please follow the due dates listed on the LHCD Application Process webpage.
|January 23||Application Process Open|
|April 30, 2017 by 11:59pm|
June 26, 2017 by 11:59pm
|Applications Due – ALTP Only|
Applications Due – Combined ALTP & LHCD
|June 5, 2017||Notification regarding application outcome|
|July 7, 2017||Program Start Date – Materials mailed to fellows|
|August 16, 2017 at 10:00am||Start of First Training Session (see the complete program schedule)|
Applications to the Advanced Leadership Training Program may be made through our online application portal.
1. Please download and follow the ALTP Application Instructions and Checklist. PLEASE NOTE: If you are applying to the combined ALTP and LHCD, please disregard the due dates in this checklist and refer to the due dates listed on the LHCD Application Process webpage.
2. Please download the following three Application Signature Pages – to be completed and uploaded to your online application:
- Fellow Responsibilities and Agreements (ALTP only) – OR – Fellow Responsibilities and Agreements (ALTP & LHCD)
- Supervisor Nomination (ALTP only) – OR – Supervisor Nomination (ALTP & LHCD)
- Background Check Authorization (ALTP only) – OR – Background Check Authorization (ALTP & LHCD)
3. Go to the online application portal to create a login (SIGNUP) and begin your online application. PLEASE NOTE that the regular application period has ended, but an extension has been granted ONLY for those applying to the Leadership for Healthy Community Design Program.
4. Complete and SUBMIT your online application by April 30th for ALTP Only, OR by June 26th for combined ALTP and LHCD.
The online ALTP application uses a
Scholarship Management System provided by WizeHive