Crucial Conversations Training
July 16-17, 2013
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Two Day Workshop (Registration closes at noon on July 10th!)
Whenever you’re not getting the result you’re looking for, there’s a good chance that a crucial conversation is keeping you stuck. Whether it’s a problem with poor quality, declining customer satisfaction, or a strained relationship – whatever the issue – if you can’t talk honestly with nearly anybody about almost anything, you can expect poor results. On the other hand, learn how to master Crucial Conversations and everything gets better.
In this workshop series, you will learn how to effectively hold crucial conversations – conversations in which the stakes are high, emotions run strong and there are sharply opposing viewpoints. Specifically, at the end of this program, you will learn how to:
- Increase the pool of shared meaning available to any group – that is, increase the candor with which ideas, opinions and feelings are shared
- Spot the conversations that are keeping you from what you want
- Stay focused on what you really want
- Notice when safety is at risk
- Make it safe to talk about almost anything
- Create mutual purpose, a critical condition for dialogue
- Master your emotions and return to dialogue
- Express your views in ways that maintain and build safety
- Listen when others blow up or clam up
- Turn crucial conversations into action and results
This two-day, extremely interactive program utilizes many learning modalities including observation, individual and group reflection, skill practice, small and large group discussion and lecturette.
American Mountaineering Center
710 10th Street
Golden, CO 80401